Who doesn't love a good pick me up? I find during training
/working out/life I need MAJOR motivation (I'm talking something to kick start a Clydesdale) to a.) run, b.) keep running, c.) not throw myself in front of a bus on long runs. So, the quote hoarder that I am - collected quotes along my first half mary, posted them on the bulletin board in my kitchen, made a running mantra "It's not about you" (I ran St. Jude's), and prayed. ALOT.
- Let what you love be what you do
- Working out is like brushing your teeth; it's not a decision, it's automatic
- Running is a pain in the ass, but it sure gives me a nice one
- Sweat is fat crying
- Stand up and finish what you started
- Obsessed is the word the lazy use to describe the dedicated
- Do one thing everyday that scares you. - Eleanor Roosevelt
- Results are proportionate with effort
- Own your weight loss. - Tracy Anderson
- Sweat is the only fairy dust. - Tracy Anderson
- You're one workout away from a good mood
- If you eat what you've always eaten, you'll weigh what you've always weighed
- You can feel sore tomorrow, or you can feel sorry tomorrow
- If it's important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse
- Commitment = Results -Tracy Anderson
- Exercise in the AM before your brain figures out what you're doing
- Never skip a day even if it means getting in a shorter workout
- If you worked out when you first thought about it, you'd be done by now
- You're not a dog, don't reward yourself with food
Mantra for the LR half? I'm thinking along the lines of "holy shit why did I only train for 30 days, and who added hills?" Too long? It's a work in progress :)
What are some of your favorite running/fitness quotes?
Do you have a mantra?